The Website provides you with access to information regarding our security products (“Products”), truck delivery and other services (“Services”) and the ability to request detailed information regarding the same.
What Types Of Personal Information Does Dunbar Gather?
- Registration Data. Currently, you may access the Website and order Products and Services without having to first register with us or create an account. To enhance your experience, however, you are given the option to create an account. When you create an account on the Website, we ask you to provide certain Personal Information, including your name and email address.
- Delivery Information. If you choose to place an order for Products or Services using the Website, you provide Dunbar with Personal Information necessary to ensure a proper delivery of such Products and Services, such as your name, company name, job title, physical address, telephone number, facsimile number, and email address.
- Payment Information. If you choose to place an order for Products or Services using the Website, you will be asked to provide payment information such as a credit card number and information about the cardholder.
- Other Information You Choose To Provide To Dunbar. You will have the opportunity to provide additional information to Dunbar through your interactions with us, such as through emails you send to us, polls or surveys you choose to participate in, advertisements you respond to, and emails or newsletters you elect to receive from Dunbar. Dunbar collects the information you provide in those interactions.
- Automatic Collection. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies (“Automatic Data Collection Tools”) to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including: Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website, and information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type. The Automatic Data Collection Tools we use include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How Does Dunbar Use Personal Information It Receives From Me?
Dunbar may use the information more particularly described above that it collects to do the following:
Enable Your Use of the Website and Provide Assistance
- Communicate with you about the Products, Services, your account information or other customer service matters.
- Respond to your questions and instructions.
- Enhance, customize, and personalize your Dunbar experiences and communications.
Operate, Improve and Analyze
- Operate, provide, improve and maintain our Products and Services, including analyzing user behavior and trends.
- Send you administrative messages and other information about Dunbar and its offerings of Products and Services.
- Investigate or take action regarding violations or suspected violations of law or our terms and conditions.
- Maintain the integrity of our network and address security issues.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or Services we offer.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide personal information.
Marketing and Promotion
- Communicate with you about our Products and Services.
- Administer surveys or other features.
- Display relevant marketing information to you.
Information may be collected by us or by our vendors who provide internet hosting for the Website. We may combine information you give us with other information from Dunbar sources, transactions and communications. We may also combine that information with data that is publicly available and data from third parties. Information collected from any source may be combined to improve Products and Services and enable more targeted, tailored communications. It may also be aggregated and made available without identifying you to ascertain trends, products, security/privacy patterns and research, internal record keeping and reporting, measuring and reporting learning, performance and other statistical information concerning any aspect of our Products, Services and the Website.
With Whom Does Dunbar Share The Personal Information It Receives?
Personal Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling it to others. However, we will share certain Personal Information for various business purposes, including for the reasons described below.
- The Dunbar Dunbar is comprised of numerous companies that sell consumer and commercial Products and Services and, unless restricted by applicable law, we may share the Personal Information and other data about you with those companies (the “Dunbar Companies”). The other Dunbar Companies may use Personal Information for any purpose stated in this Policy and the other Dunbar Companies may contact you directly.
- Third-Party Vendors. We engage other companies (including our affiliates) and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. For example, Dunbar works with companies who support the Website by, among other things, hosting the Website on their servers and assisting with your questions and technical issues. Dunbar also uses one or more companies to assist in processing credit card payments. Similarly, we may partner with other organizations to produce and deliver the Products and/or to perform the Services. We may share Personal Information with these third-party service providers as is necessary for them to perform their respective functions and responsibilities. Their access and right to use this information, however, is limited to what is necessary to perform their respective responsibilities.
- Advertising Purposes. We may also work with third-party companies that use tracking technologies for advertising purposes. These companies may collect information about your use of the Website and your interaction with our advertising and other communications. As with the third-party vendors described above, the right of these advertising companies to access and use your Personal Information is limited to what is necessary to perform their respective responsibilities.
- Upon a Merger, Acquisition, Sale, or other Transfer of the Business. If our company is acquired by or merged with or into another entity, or if our assets or business is sold or transferred to another entity, your Personal Information may be transferred to such entity as part of the transaction, and that entity and its affiliates may use your Personal Information under the terms of their own privacy policies which may differ from this Policy.
For How Long Does Dunbar Retain Your Personal Information?
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
Information security is important to Dunbar. We have established appropriate physical, electronic and managerial safeguards to protect the information we collect from you or about you. These safeguards are regularly reviewed to protect against unauthorized access, disclosure and improper use of your information, and to maintain the accuracy and integrity of that data. We use a variety of security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to help protect your information. However, like other companies, Dunbar cannot guarantee 100% the security or confidentiality of the information you provide to us. Consequently, while we endeavor to safeguard your Personal Information against unauthorized access and disclosure, we do not warrant or guarantee the absolute security of any Personal Information you transmit to, from or through the Website. In the event that we become aware of a security breach involving your Personal Information stored by or for us, we may notify you by posting such information to the Website or via email (to the extent you have provided us with an email address).
Third Party Privacy Policies
Currently, you may use the Website without having to first register with us or create an account. This may change as we expand the Website to provide a better and more personalized experience to our customers and visitors. To the extent you create an account with us, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account and password and for all activities that occur on or through your account. If you become aware of a security breach of your account, you agree to immediately notify Dunbar by contacting us at sales@dunbarSecurityproducts.com.
Notice To California Residents About Your California Privacy Rights
In addition to the other rights described in this Policy, if you are a customer residing in California, you have certain additional rights under the California Online Privacy Protection Act, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), and similar data protection laws (“California Data Laws”). This section provides additional disclosures required by the California Data Laws. Please note that certain of the rights outlined in this Section apply only to our California customers. This section is not intended to enlarge Dunbar’s obligations beyond what is required by the California Data Laws.
Types Of Information Collected
Over the last 12 months, Dunbar has collected the Personal Information described above under the heading “What Types of Personal Information Does Dunbar Gather?” This Personal Information is comprised of “Identifiers,” “Commercial Information,” “Internet or other electronic network activity information,” “Geolocation data,” and “Professional or employment-related information,” as such terms are used in the CCPA. This information is shared with those parties identified in the section of this Policy captioned “With Whom Does Dunbar Share The Personal Information It Receives?” for the purposes outlined therein.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
Dunbar does not track its customers over time and across third-party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) Signals.
Right Of Access
You have the right to request that Dunbar disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive your request and verify your identity, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists that disclose the following:
- Sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each categories of recipient purchased; and
- Disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Right To Delete
You have the right to request that Dunbar delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive your request and verify your identity, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information, unless an exception under the California Data Laws applies. Such exceptions include where the information is necessary for us or our service providers to do any of the following:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a Product or Service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug Products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
To make a request for access to, or deletion of, Personal Information, or any other request authorized by the California Data Laws, call us at (800) 766-9145 or email us at sales@dunbarSecurityproducts.com.
Right To Correct
We will rely upon the Personal Information you provide us, so it is important that all the details that you give us are accurate and up-to-date. If your Personal Information changes, please notify us by writing to us at sales@dunbarSecurityproducts.com and we will update your information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the California Data Laws.
Other State’s Privacy Rights
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please contact us at (800) 766-9145 or email us at sales@dunbarSecurityproducts.com.
Applicability to Children
Dunbar takes the privacy of children seriously. The Website is not directed at children, we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 through the Website and we request that children under the age of 13 not use the Website or submit any Personal Information through Website.
If we are advised in writing that we have inadvertently received or collected Personal Information from a child under 13 years of age, we will remove such information from our database. You may provide such written notice to Dunbar at sales@dunbarSecurityproducts.com.